Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Post Provisional Primary Poling Place

The theme of the yoga class I went to yesterday was "resistance." She, the teacher, asked us to think about what we believe in, what we want from ourselves and for the world, our mantra, as a counter force to "resistance," and of that force emanating from our bodies. Of course I thought of kindness. And initially thought of that coming from the heart. After I voted I felt happy (and proud) and found myself looking at peoples eyes while walking to meet a friend for food and drinks. People were looking me in the eyes too, really looking and seeing something that made them; smile, look a bit confused and even say hello. Kindness.
In this sense, kindness, fueled by the heart moves w/ the eyes. That's not to exclude the movement of kindness by aural or physical means just to say that I was experiencing something important about the directive (and reflexive) power of kindness by looking.

No comments: