Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Autopoesis 3 July 1st - 31st 2008

Eight new paintings by V.E. Grenier now showing at the Lanesplitter Temascal! Ranging in size from 48"x12" ~ 54"x 54" and on sale July 1st 2008. To view the paintings in person and have a slice or pint stop by 4799 Telegraph at 48th in Oakland. Sunday ~ Thursday 11:am-1:am, Friday ~ Saturday 1:30am.

Introducing a new series Color Plates
This series is dedicated to Rhiannon and Carl for your appreciation of my series Symbolic Translations of the Binomial Theorem. Your conversation in my kitchen about the use of paint on the back ground reminded me that I had actualy blended the color on the canvas, which is what I have done for these paintings. I've also taken note of my proclivity towards striation and its beauty in certain plant life.
TODAY, LORD, CLOUD ~ a Tripctych acrylic on canvas $750The title of these paintings is a line of Christopher Nealon's from his poem "Concept and Catagory" in his book /The Joyous Age/. I have been particularly in love w/ page 67 for some time and have written an opposite emulation which is posted between the details below
Adorno Component

We're possibly out of cake
our brainstay
Tomorrow: earth, clear skies
Degrees of intervention and departing
Spontaneously combusting selfblind
Either embitterment or cathexis. Sleep,
Leave off--
That was us arriving something fast
That was making against some same
Sine and rain we
think of the beads of sweat gathering
along the outside of a water glass
Calm down against them and we do
have a pool
on some deeper hunter from go

And from the series Shoot the Moon 4 new paintings. Take all four for $1,000
FAMILY PORTRAIT acrylic on canvas $575
I began the first sketches in this series in 2000. Since then I have been working from a master sketch composed for my first show at the Lanesplitter in 2006. To date I have composed 9 paintings all acrylic on canvas from that sketch.



J+V acrylic on canvas $200 each or $525 for all three
Each of these canvasas are 48"x12"
J





+



V



LA CIUDAD DE LOS QUATROS acrylic on canvas $750
The intial sitting of this painting was composed live as a part of MAPP the Mission Arts and Performance project hosted by Sara Mumolo and Jack Morgan at L's Cafe in fall of 2007. Thanks for inviting me to make art in public, this painting is dedicated to the two of you.

Below is the mastersketch and a deatails from my first compositions in the series Shoot the Moon
GATHERING

CONFERENCE

No comments: